1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or oat bran)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)
3/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBSP non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/3-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners - set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together banans, buttermilk, eggs, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add wet to dry and mix unti just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin liners 1/2 - 3/4 full. Place in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until tops are slightly browned. Enjoy!